Ruger LCP Problem – The biggest problem with the Ruger LCP is also what makes it most attractive to many pocket carry gun owners. ITS TOO SMALL AND LIGHT. This makes it hard to hold on to and makes the recoil more noticeable. The very small handle is hard to get a hold of. Most people can only get two fingers on the grip. You have to really hold on to it. That’s why I installed Pearce Grip Extensions on my LCP. See also Ruger LCP Magazine Disassembly & Cleaning.
|Pearce Grip PG-LCP Grip Extension (Left)|
Ruger LCP Standard Magazine (Right)
SHOULD YOU PUT A GRIP EXTENSION ON YOUR LCP MAGAZINE?
Here are some pictures of Ruger LCP magazines with and without a grip extension. They will give you a good idea whether or not to intall one on yours.
|WITHOUT GRIP EXTENSION||WITH GRIP EXTENSION|
MY CONCERNS ABOUT USING A GRIP EXTENSION
- Will the grip extension be long enough to cover all my fingers?
Mostly, depending on your hand size. It will likely give you that third finger on the grip of the gun.
- Will the space between the gun grip and the magazine grip extension pinch my fingers when I fire my gun?
Not a problem. The gap is so small you don’t even feel it.
- Will it make my Ruger LCP too large for concealed carry?
No. The extra length is minimal and will not affect the fit or comfort of carrying the gun in you pocket.
- Will it give me a better grip and more control over the gun?
Yes. The extra grip length that the extension provides along with the curved surface at the bottom of the magazine allow you greater control when you fire your gun.
After installing them on two of my three magazines I went to the range to see if they actually make a difference when shooting the gun. I used two magazines (one with and one without) and shot each with my Ruger LCP. I shot single handed, double handed, while point shooting and while using the gun sights. I was very pleased to find that these little grip extensions made all the difference in the world. The gun was easier to control and to hold onto when shooting both single and double handed. It took away any fears that I had of the gun jumping out of my hand.
ARE THEY WORTH IT?
YES! The extra length and the way they flare out at the bottom of the magazine gives you more control over muzzle flip from recoil. One handed shooting is easier and you don’t have to worry about the gun flying out of your hands. BUY THEM! They come two in a package and are dirt cheap for the value they give you.
Product Description – Extend the grip one more finger on your Pistol. Easy to use and install, the Pearce Grip Extension for the Ruger LCP greatly increases comfort and stability, allowing for quicker draws in self-defense scenarios and longer periods of time target shooting. Two are included in this package, both in a sleek black finish. Durable and lightweight, the new Pearce Grip Extension is sure to please any LCP owner.
Lets you use your entire hand to grip the gun for better recoil control and more consistent shot placement. Grip Extension does not increase magazine capacity or weight. Extended â€œshelfâ€ for the little finger attaches in place of the factory magazine base. Makes shooting these little â€œhandfulsâ€ a lot more comfortable.
Item Weight: 1.6 ounces
Average Customer Review At Amazon.com 4.5 out of 5 (17 customer reviews)
Pertinent Reviewer Information
- “Before I could only get my middle finger on the grip(this is while having the ruger extension on) and now I can get both ring and middle finger, and the grip, at least on my hand” stops just after my ring finger so my pinky rests snug underneath, It makes it feel like the grip was customized for my hand. Great Product, and its a two pack.”
- “They are a little bigger than the ones that came on my Ruger factory mags. This little bit makes it much easier to get at least two full fingers on the grip, which in turn leads to better control of the gun…. Some people worry about them making the gun harder to conceal, but the amount added to the size of the weapon is negligible.”
- “I am now able to get a full grip on the weapon”
- “Factory Ruger extension will pinch bottom finger when firing. This does not pinch at all.”
- “They don’t increase the number of rounds in the magazines, but they make holding the pistol a whole lot easier!”
- “I have big hands and this was uncomfortable for me. The length certainly is greater, but my finger doesn’t fit in the extension’s groove, and the bottom isn’t cut so that I can fit my finger below it (as does the Ruger factory extension). I gave it to a friend of mine though that has smaller hands and he absolutely loves it. It’s really all about how big your hands are.”
- “Gun does not jump nearly as much now, and it really didn’t add too much extra bulk to my pocket.”